Catch up on the latest news from Bob Books and friends
8 Quotes that Define Love
- Marianne Stenger
- 17th January 2017
Valentine’s Day is quickly approaching, and if you’re looking for Valentine gifts for her or gift ideas for him, creating a photo book that celebrates some of the best moments you’ve shared as a couple can be a creative way to say “I love you.”
A photo book is not only more personal, but will last longer than a box of chocolates or bunch of roses.
Start by collecting your most memorable photos and then pairing them with romantic poems or one-liners that define love. Don’t worry if you can’t quite put your feelings into words, as there are plenty of quotes by famous authors, poets and philosophers that perfectly sum up what it’s like to love someone.
Need some inspiration before you get started? Here are a few quotes about love that will complement your Valentine’s Day photo book.
1. “I would rather spend one lifetime with you, than face all the ages of this world alone.” – J. R. R. Tolkien
In J. R. R. Tolkien’s masterpiece The Fellowship of the Ring, Arwen delivers this passionate line to Aragorn after making the decision to give up immortality for love.
2. “There is no remedy for love but to love more.” – Henry David Thoreau
Ever the poet, Henry David Thoreau recorded this quote in his journal. It’s believed he wrote it after meeting his first love, Ellen Sewall, to whom he later proposed.
3. “Romance is thinking about your significant other, when you are supposed to be thinking about something else.” – Nicholas Sparks
This quote perfectly sums up that feeling of being head over heels in love and is more proof that novelist Nicholas Sparks knows how to tug at our heartstrings like no other.
4. “And I’d choose you; in a hundred lifetimes, in a hundred worlds, in any version of reality, I’d find you and I’d choose you.” – Kiersten White
Taken from Kiersten White’s novel The Chaos of Stars, this quote is the perfect mix of poetry and mushy romance.
5. “We're all a little weird, and life's a little weird. And when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love.” – Robert Fulghum
If gushing romantic poetry isn’t your style, this cute little quote by Robert Fulghum still sums up exactly what it’s like to find your soulmate.
6. “The best and most beautiful things in this world cannot be seen or even heard, but must be felt with the heart.” – Helen Keller
This beautiful quote by the author Helen Keller puts into words how intangible yet real and visible love can be.
7. “If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you.” – A. A. Milne
Although it wasn’t written with lovers in mind, this line from A. A. Milne’s beloved Winnie-the-Pooh is heartfelt, fuzzy and warm, making it as romantic as any poem ever written.
8. “Then came a moment of renaissance, I looked up - you again are there, A fleeting vision, the quintessence Of all that`s beautiful and rare.” – Alexander Pushkin
This quote comes from a poem by Russian poet and novelist Alexander Pushkin and perfectly captures that overwhelming feeling of being in love.